26 January, 2010

raring to go...

I do not remember exactly but the reference photo was from one of the wde on wetcanvas-dot-com... I ventured out to paint it finally today morning... Got some inspiration to paint with these words of Van Gogh -
If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint", then by all means paint, and that voice would be silenced.
This is acrylic on canvasboard, size of canvasboard is 20cms x 15cms... but I wanted a square composition and so painted part of the canvas and final painting is just 15cms x 15cms...
This will be the first time that I will put my painting on sale :)
It will be available at ChitraSanthe on 31st Jan
This is how the entire canvasboard looks...









And this is the portion painted...














sold

4 comments:

Prabal said...

Hi Rohit,
Looks like you too had a stall at Chitrasanthe. Why did you not invite me to visit your stall?? Anyways nice painting.

Rohit Kulkarni said...

Hi Prabal,
I didnt have my own stall... the paintings were at a friends stall... but I missed on telling you about it anyways...
thanks for your appreciation...

Prabodh Sirur said...

Rohit,
I am trying to connect with someone from Bangalore who is an expert on van Gogh. Can you help?
Prabodh Sirur
Sirurp@gmail.com
9945694937

Rohit Kulkarni said...

Prabodh,
Presently I am not aware of an expert on VanGogh.. Will keep you posted if I get any lead sooner or later..