16 April, 2010

2 of 100 "starts"

As the title suggests, this is 2nd of the 100 starts that I have committed to make... The reference image was from WDE hosted by Wendy... I quite like the fact that I was able to manage these shades of green even though only the darkest one had the right colour note... I have noticed that I tend to spend a lot of time getting the colour and still do not get the right colour since I am using a limited palette... Prussian Blue, Cadmium Red and Pale Yellow Cadmium... Seems its a good idea to widen the palette a bit in the beginning... Since these excercises are atleast helping me get on with painting something and I do not wish to loose the momentum...

I have also made a good mini-studio sorts that I will share in one of the upcoming posts...



No comments: